Volunteer in one of our buildings
Here is a sample of what our volunteers might do.
Dealing directly with patients
- Serving meals
- Managing the drinks trolley
- Keeping people company
- Providing emotional support
- Running an activity group
- Taking patients out
- Beauty therapy
- Complementary therapy
- Driving patients to and from the Hospice
Getting involved as a volunteer is a great way to give something back to your community and can make a huge difference to an individual at such a difficult time in their lives.
Cheryl-Lee Broadfoot, Community Volunteers Co-ordinator
Not dealing face-to-face with patients
- Manning the switchboard
- Ward clerk
- Office administration duties
- Delivering training
Our buildings also need people on hand to welcome visitors.