To represent the hospice at local groups, societies and schools, attend cheque presentations, talk about legacies and help raise awareness of the work of North London Hospice.
Where is the role based?
Across the boroughs of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey
Who’s providing the service?
What does the service do?
Organise and support events to raise money for NLH, process donations, thank/ acknowledge donations, communications with supporters
Who supports volunteers in the service?
Fundraising staff (Judi and Gina)
What would I do in this role?
- To attend gatherings where a representative has been requested from the hospice
- To deliver talks on the work of the hospice using the standard materials provided
- To talk to supporters and volunteers about leaving gifts in their will and contacting solicitors
- Where possible, set out a display of leaflets and other information about the hospice
- Liaise with the fundraising team
- Agree presentation material
- Provide a short report on each event attended
- Ensure correct handling of donations
What personal qualities and skills do I need to have?
- Knowledge of the work of North London Hospice is essential
- Previous experience of presenting to groups highly desirable but not essential
- Good presentation skills or the potential to develop quickly into a good speaker
- Ability to manage questions from the audience
How much do I need to give?
Flexibility is key as the work can involve weekends and/or evenings.
The nature of fundraising is such that we are unable to predict when we require extra help. Having a volunteer pool will enable us to cover all events, including all those last minute events organised externally by our supporters.
Training & Support
Time commitment required by volunteer
Foundational Training in Emotional Support*
*Oyster colour graded training
|NLH Mandatory Induction |
|Additional Training for this specific role ||Introduction to NLH, importance of donations and legacies, talking through our area|
|Ongoing support ||Will meet with the volunteer before and after each occasion and be available on the phone during their volunteering |
For further information:
Name/Title of Lead staff member: Judi Guy, Fundraising
Contact phone number: 020 8446 2288