To collect full collection tins and replace with empty boxes and merchandise.
Where is the role based?
From North London Hospice in North Finchley, then out and about around our area
Who’s providing the service?
What does the service do?
Organise and support events to raise money for NLH, process donations, thank/ acknowledge donations, communications with supporters
Who supports volunteers in the service?
Fundraising staff (Judi & Gina plus others in the Income Processing team)
What would I do in this role?
- Come to NLH and collect a list of venues and appropriate collection boxes / merchandise
- Drive to locations (which will all be in a similar area, sorted by postcode and appropriate for the volunteer)
- Pick up full box, leave empty box
- Ensure details are correct on the bottom of the box
- Return to NLH with full boxes
- Money will be counted by other volunteers and banked and processed by the Income Processing Team
What personal qualities and skills do I need to have?
- Confident to work on own
- Has a knowledge of North London (to be able to negotiate back streets through the traffic)
- Thorough and clear with paperwork
- Happy being in a different place each week
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the services NLH provides
- Clean and smart and wear your ID badge at all times
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle that can be used for NLH purposes (ie business insurance)
- Mileage will be paid
How much do I need to give?
A minimum of half a day per week plus initial training sessions
Training & Support
Time commitment required by volunteer
Foundational Training in Emotional Support*
*Oyster colour graded training
|NLH Mandatory Induction ||1 1/2 days (non clinical induction days)|
|Additional Training for this specific role ||2 hours – introduction to NLH, importance of donations and role, talking through our area|
|Ongoing support ||Will meet with the volunteer before and after each shift and be available on the phone during their volunteering |
For further information:
Name/Title of Lead staff member: Judi Guy, Fundraising
Contact phone number: 020 8446 2288