Fundraising events volunteer
The main purpose of this role will be to provide support to the event organiser either prior to the day and/or on the day of the fundraising event
Where is the role based?
North London Hospice and the boroughs of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey
Who’s providing the service?
What does the service do?
Organise and support events to raise money for NLH, process donations, thank/ acknowledge donations, communications with supporters
Who supports volunteers in the service?
Fundraising staff (Judi & Gina)
What would I do in this role?
- Help with promotion by distributing the event posters to your local community centres, library, clubs, neighbours etc
- Pack up items for the event and load cars
- Help out with registration of guests
- Man a stall
- Sell raffle tickets
- Provide refreshments
- Help pack up
- Write thank you letters after the event
- Drop off merchandise and pick up collection tins from various business locations across the boroughs
- Secure new collection tin placements across the boroughs
- Ensure all monies collected reach the hospice as soon as possible
What personal qualities and skills do I need to have?
- You can be an outgoing person or reserved - it doesn't matter as we'll find an activity that suits you
How much do I need to give?
Flexibility is key as the work can involve weekends and/or evenings - sometimes at short notice
Training & Support
Time commitment required by volunteer
Foundational Training in Emotional Support*
*Oyster colour graded training
|NLH Mandatory Induction ||None required|
|Additional Training for this specific role |
|Ongoing support ||Always at the end of the phone|
For further information:
Name/Title of Lead staff member: Judi Guy, Fundraising
Contact phone number: 020 8446 2288