- contact information including address, telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to donations, GiftAid, surveys and/or events
What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services and communication.
- We may periodically send emailsabout new services, events and appeals or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- The last search term that you used within the site
- Your preference in terms of accessible viewing options
- A unique ID to track your session from page to page, which is vitally important should you sign into the site
- Which page you are looking at within a multi-paged index of content, or search results.
Certain cookies are persistent, meaning that they last beyond your session, enabling an enhanced user-experience when you return to the site. Again, a non-exhaustive list of examples of the use of persistent cookies includes:
- The option to “Remember my username” when signing-in to the site
- The fact that you have voted in a poll, so that you are prevented from voting multiple times
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want to receive any further information
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for sending further information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Fundraising Department, North London Hospice, 47 Woodside Avenue, London N12 8TT. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.