Fundraising at Home
Stay at Home. Connect. Give Back.
The current Covid-19 crisis is having a huge impact on our ability to fundraise to continue to provide the essential support our patients and their families need. Events have been cancelled or postponed and we face a huge income loss. That’s why North London Hospice is going virtual with events, challenges and collections. Help us to keep going by raising money online without leaving your house. You can hold a virtual collection, participate in a virtual challenge, take part in a virtual events or simply donate on our website. Download our Virtual Collections Pack here.
Here’s how you can help:
- Take part in our Virtual Events
- Start a virtual collection
All you need to do is set up an online fundraising page on JustGiving – it is easy, quick, and you can do it all from your phone, tablet or laptop!
How do virtual collections work?
Virtual collections are a simple way to raise money from the comfort of your home. Set up an online fundraising page and invite your family and friends to donate to your collection for NLH. You can explain why this is important to you, include photos and set a target. Everyone can see how much is being raised and how their donation makes a difference.
How do I promote my virtual collection?
A virtual collection is easy to promote online through your social media channels and emails – simply share a link and post frequently about it to remind people to give. The best bit is watching as your collection increases over time and hitting your target!
Does it matter what my target is?
We need your support now more than ever as the COVID 19 crisis impacts on our income, so anything you raise makes a real difference. If you want to set an ambitious target, here are some ideas:
- £50 – will pay for a week’s worth of equipment for one of our nurses to provide practical care to people in their own homes
- £125 – will sponsor one of our amazing nurses for a whole day
- £250 – will fund our 12 bed inpatient unit for one hour
- Take part in Virtual Challenges
Want to up the stakes? Then why not add a challenge onto your collection! It’s a perfect way to keep yourself busy and moving even while social distancing. Our suggestions below can all be done at home, and you could film yourself doing these to share with friends and family to update them on your progress and encourage them to sponsor you.
- Run a Marathon – the London Marathon may be postponed, but don’t let that stop you! Set yourself the challenge to run or walk 26.2 miles in support of North London Hospice. This doesn’t have to be in one go – you could set a time limit of one week or one month to cover the distance, and you could do this in your garden, around your house or on a treadmill if you have one.
- Cycle the equivalent of the Fuji Speedway race – the Tokyo 2020 Olympics road cycling race! This is 234km for men or 137km for women, and would be great for those who have a cycling machine at home.
- Walk the same distance as our Great Wall of China trekkers – they aim to cover 35km in 5 days, so why not try to cover the distance too…without the 1,000 steps of the Heavenly Ladder in your way!
- Participate in Virtual Events and Donate Download our Virtual Collections Pack here.
To tackle isolation, the hospice is looking at setting up online events with various partners, from fitness sessions, cookery classes to children’s entertainment and more. These events will be free to watch but donations to NLH will be encouraged. More details here and on our social media soon.
- Donate on our website
Please donate here, no matter how big or small your contribution.
If you have your own ideas on how to raise money for the hospice, we’d love to hear from you! We can help you to set up and promote your virtual challenge – please get in touch with email@example.com or call 020 8446 2288.