Community Clinical Nurse Specialist – Evening Service
Community Clinical Nurse Specialist Palliative Care
Evening Palliative Care Service
Band 7, £44,346- £50,548 p.a. inc
Contract: Permanent Hours: Part time or Full time
The North London Hospice has been providing palliative and end of life care for the communities of North London since 1984. We have an 18 bed in-patient unit providing hospice care for those with life limiting illnesses. There are community teams of specialist nurses, doctors, consultants, social workers and allied professionals support individuals at home, in the 3 North London Boroughs of Barnet Enfield and Haringey. We operate a health and wellbeing centre, outpatient clinics, a hospice at home service and bereavement support. All this is achieved by the commitment, passion and expertise of the hospice staff and volunteers. Our aim is to provide the very best of palliative and end of life care for the residents of Barnet Enfield and Haringey.
North London Hospice is expanding the community clinical nurse specialist services to include access to specialist palliative care, out of usual office hours between 17:00hrs and 20:00hrs, including telephone advice and CNS visiting. Above everything else, the service is to be patient centred.
The post holders will work full or part time. Each shift will cover the core hours of 17:00hrs to 20:00hrs with the pattern of work being mutually convenient eg 12:00hrs to 20:00hrs or a later start time.
The main role is to receive and manage incoming calls from community patients, their families, other healthcare professionals including DNs, GPs, Paramedics involved in the patient’s care.
The main focus of work would be in a number of areas including undertaking a thorough telephone assessment, managing patient’s symptoms, supporting those who are anxious or distressed, providing specialist advice, liaising with appropriate general or specialist services, avoiding unnecessary hospital admissions, providing a rapid response visit or enable the following shift to provide a visit and wherever possible, enable the patient to achieve their preferred place of care and death
We are recruiting registered nurses
- with experience in palliative care at band 6 or above
- with a commitment and ability to provide high quality community palliative and end of life care though excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, up to date knowledge and compassion
- with the ability to work independently; knowing when to refer on or seek advice from on call consultant
- *with full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
- *who wish to work full or part time, based at our head office in Finchley
If you are committed to providing high standard holistic care for community patients with palliative care and end of life care needs and wish to work in a friendly, supportive, dynamic organisation, we would be delighted to hear from you
In reward, the North London Hospice offers
- Transfer of existing NHS pension scheme membership
- AfC pay scales, including Inner London High Cost Area Supplement
- AfC Annual Leave entitlement
- Welcome Bonus – £500 paid on successful completion of probation
- Generous support for continuous professional development
- Additional enhancements include free health cash plan, discounted cinema scheme, holiday trading and flexible working policy
We would warmly welcome your call to discuss the post or arrange an informal visit with our Associate Director Geraldine Barry or one of the Team Leads, Pat Cardy, Patrick McGrath, Emma Simms or Ros Brown on 020 8343 8841
Alternatively, email :-
Closing date: 27 October 2019
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk.