Information on the Coronavirus COVID-19
Information on the Covid-19 Coronavirus
Developments on the coronavirus have dominated the news in recent weeks and North London Hospice is asking all those who have contact with the Hospice, to take a number of precautionary measures to help protect our patients and staff.
Please check www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest updates.
The government advice has changed for people displaying symptoms, or living with someone displaying the symptoms of Covid-19 coronavirus: If you develop a new continuous cough or a high temperature of 37.8 degrees centigrade or higher, you should take the following precautions:
- if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- if you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
At North London Hospice the wellbeing of the people we support, hospice visitors, staff and volunteers is our first priority and that is why we are following advice and guidance issued by the World Health Organisation and the UK Government. Please do not travel to our Finchley hospice or Health & Wellbeing Centre in Winchmore Hill if you are experiencing either of the above symptoms.
If after 7 days you are still experiencing symptoms and they are worsening use the 111 online coronavirus service (https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19) to find out what to do next.
We care for people who are susceptible to more severe strains of coronavirus and it is therefore essential to take these precautionary measures.
There are things that we can all do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Please do not hesitate to email our Director of Clinical Services Fran Deane firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns or questions or call the Hospice on 020 8343 6806.